Professor (Dr.) Rajendra Prasad, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Present Position :
Vice-Chancellor, Allahabad State University, Allahabad, UP, India
Date of birth : January 1, 1955
Official Address : CPI Hostel Complex, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Civil Lines, Allahabad, Pin-211001, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Mob. No. : +91 9415313714
Served as Vice-Chancellor, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya (DDU) Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, from 20th January2014 to 12th February 2014 and
9th October 2015 to 01 November, 2015.
- OSD, Allahabad State University, Allahabad, UP from September 2015 to 17 June 2016.
- As Senior-most Professor officiated several times as Vice-Chancellor, DDU Gorakhpur University in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 for brief stints only.
- Served as Dean, Faculty of Science, DDU Gorakhpur University with effect from January 6, 2010 to 5th January 2013.
- As Dean, Faculty of Science, Prof. Rajendra Prasad played a key- role in institution-building and signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in 2011 concluded between Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University and Vivekananda International Foundation (VIF), New Delhi with Mr. Ajit Doval as its Director and presently National Security Advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Has been Member, Executive Council, DDU Gorakhpur University as senior-most Professor and also as Dean, Faculty of Science.
- Served as Finance Officer, DDU Gorakhpur University from September 9, 2012 to 5th January 2013 and played pivotal role in financial management of the university.
- Served as Head, Department of Defence and Strategic Studies, D.D.U. Gorakhpur University since 24 Dec. 1990 to July 4, 2008 for about 18 years.
- By virtue of being Dean, Faculty of Science served as Administrative Head of the following Departments: Bio-technology, Microbiology, Industrial Chemistry, Electronics, Computer Science and Home Science.
- Served as Chief Proctor and Special Executive Magistrate, DDU Gorakhpur University: from (May 17, 2008 to 20th February 2009),(from 8 March 2005 -10 November 2006) , and (from 2 January 1997 to June14, 2000).
- Served as Convener, Draft Committee for the Statutes for Minimum Qualifications of University Teachers in accordance with the UGC Reulations-2010.
- Served as Convener, Draft Committee for the Ph.D. Ordinances of DDU Gorakhpur University in accordance with the UGC Regulation-2009.
- Served on the panel for preparing the proposals for the 10th Five Year Development Plan of the D.D.U. Gorakhpur University submitted to the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, and NAAC, Bangalore, India.
- Served as Coordinator, NAAC Steering Committee during the visit of NAAC Peer Team from February 22 to 25, 2005, which awarded the grade B++ to DDU Gorakhpur University.
- Superintendent of Works (S.o.W.) from 2003 to July 2007.
- Served as Chairman, Handball team of the Athletic Association, Gorakhpur University during 1981-82.
- Active Member in various administrative and developmental committees of the DDU Gorakhpur University for the last 39 years.
Service and Teaching Experience:
- More than Thirty Nine (39) years' teaching experience at Graduate and Post-graduate levels (from Dec. 1976 to date):
- Professor, Department of Defence & Strategic Studies (DDSS), Gorakhpur University since 03 Dec. 1997 till date (more than 18 years);
- Reader, Department of Defence & Strategic Studies, Gorakhpur University (from 29 Sept.1987 to Dec. 1997);
- Lecturer, Department of Defence & Strategic Studies, Gorakhpur University (from Sept. 29, 1980 to 28 Sept. 1987);
- Lecturer, Department of Military Studies, Raj Balwant Singh (R.B.S.) College, Agra University (from Dec. 6, 1976 to Sept. 28, 1980).
- Actively engaged in research for the last 39 years.
- Major Areas of Specialisation: Science, Technology and National and International Security, IR, Arms Control & Disarmament and related fields of Strategic Studies, Disaster Management.
Research Supervision and Ph.D. Awarded:
- Number of Ph.D. Students supervised and degree awarded: twenty six (26).
Research Projects Completed: 02 (ICSSR, UN)
Membership of Academic Bodies:
- DDU Gorakhpur University Executive Council 3 times; Academic Council, Board of Studies and Research Degree Committee for the last 38 years, along with expert member of the Board of Studies/ Research Degree Committees/ selection committees in various universities situated from the North to South and East to West in India.
- National President, 12th National Congress for Defence Studies (NCDS),
- Vice-President, National Congress for Defence Studies (NCDS): 1993-94, 1994-95, 1995-96.
- Number of books authored/ edited: fifteen (15)
- Chapters contributed in foreign and Indian books: twenty five (25)
- Full research papers in national/international journals: eighty (80), along with numerous articles in national/international dailies/weeklies.
Foreign visits and participation/ invited talks in International Conferences/ Seminars:
- France (2013), Italy ( 2009), Austria (2007), USA (1996, 1999), United Kingdom (2005), Australia (1986), Fiji Islands (1986), and Thailand (1986) for academic mutuality and research.
Invited lectures in National and International Conferences/
Seminars (2005-2016) : 60+
- Organised 24 National Seminars, 6 UGC-sponsored Refresher Courses and participated in more than 100 National/ International Seminars, Conferences and Workshops.
Honours, Awards and Recognitions:
Recipient of following notable honours, recognitions and awards :
- United Nations scholarship (New York, 1996);
- Salzburg Global Seminar Fellowship ( Austria, 2007);
- Oxford Roundtable( Oxford, UK, 2005);
- ISODARCO Fellowship (2009);
- Ministry of Defence, Government of India Second Prize (1990);
- Rajiv Gandhi Education Excellence Award (2012);
- India Gandhi Siksha Shiromani Award (2012);
- ICSSR-FMSH Fellow (France, 2013); and
- 12th President, National Congress for Defence Studies (NCDS, 1997-98).